United States Peace Corps in Moldova
DEADLINE: March 20th, 2015
A Gender and Youth Program Coordinator is needed for a full-time position starting end of April, 2015
The Gender and Youth Program Coordinator (GYP) will collaborate with the post’s Country Director and Director of Programming and Training, as well as Girls’ Education and Empowerment colleagues in the region as well as Washington, DC, to help guide the strategic programmatic design, adaptation and delivery of Volunteer training related to gender and community development, administration and support for post’s grants program, project monitoring and reporting, Third Goal activities and blogs, preparation of annual, quarterly and partner reports, and performing impact evaluations on aspects of Volunteer gender-themed work. The Coordinator will also be expected to provide Volunteer support including coaching and managing Volunteers as they develop intercultural skills, professional development, and attention to safety and security. S/he will likely represent Peace Corps at inter-agency meetings related to girls’ education and empowerment. The position requires approximately 25% travel within country, and potentially annual international conferences.
The Gender and Youth Program Coordinator main responsibilities are:
- Oversee program management including technical support to Volunteers, staff, and communities on gender issues through project design, grants management, site identification, and site visits;
- Lead gender and youth training for new or established Volunteers, staff, and community members;
- Adapt and develop all gender-themed training and programming materials for Volunteers, staff, and partners;
- Adapt Agency tools and develop new methods to Monitor and Evaluate program progress;
- Perform impact analysis and produce summary reports to disseminate results;
- Liaise with Government of Moldova representatives and actively create productive partnerships with the public and private sectors.
- University degree in social services fields or similar programs;
- Three to five year progressive experience in gender-themed programming demonstrating a strong knowledge of conditions in Moldova;
- Demonstrated experience in project management including Monitoring and Evaluation activities that measure impact and disseminate results;
- Experience as a technical trainer on topics of a moderate degree of complexity;
- Excellent language proficiency in English, Romanian and Russian;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience with social media and creating communication & dissemination plans;
- Experience working in development and with foreigners (Americans preferred);
- Ability to work with minimal direction and as part of a team;
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently;
- Comfortable with working in a Microsoft Office environment (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Interested candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest in English by email, in MS Word format to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is March 20th, 2015